Monday, September 28, 2009

This is only the beginning.. sort of.

You know, I've tried this before. This really isn't the first time I've attempted to write. In high school, I was constantly Xanga-ing the outrageous drama that filled my teenage years.. and in college-- with the help of my Livejournal, I attempted (unsuccessfully) to chronicle the tragedy that was my love life. My Xanga, along with my LJ stayed with me during my proudest moments.. and were probably the only things constant in my life during the embarrassingly ridiculous ones. They were my outlets. I kept my entries private and compulsively read each entry right after I wrote one. In all of these, I laid it all on the table. They definitely were not literary works of art, but they were truthful and really gave me the chance to showcase all the c.r.a.z.y that was in my head. But even so, after time and many failed attempts to stay up to date.. those blogs died in obscurity. I guess it goes without saying, I can't commit. Sooo, all the reason to start a new one, right?! New leaf, fresh start-- whatever you want to call it. I know they say that old habits die hard, but sometimes.. I can be persistent. I'm gonna keep trying to maintain a steady stream of entries to entertain you, (insert your name) and "me" in the future.

I really have nothing to lose. As of now, I'm unemployed.. living at home and spending most of my time looking for any kind of accounting position. You may be surprised at the fact that I'm unabashedly detailing these not-so-honorable aspects of my life.. but I feel that I should be completely honest with my journal-ing. In a few years, when I read this entry, I would like to know exactly how I was feeling and what exactly was occupying that space between my ears.

It's all about perspective.

So yea, I'm ok with disclosing the "dirty" stuff in this blog, because years from now I'm sure I'd appreciate an honest account of my life rather than a censored/flowery version. I want the truth.. cause I can handle the truth! Ugh.. that was a lot funnier in my head.Anyway, here it goes. You are going to be following me as I find my place in the world of grownups. The world where bills are to be paid on time, where vacations aren't guaranteed every three months and a place where gray hair isn't just for "old people" anymore.

With all that said, wish me luck!


Bisous !

No comments:

Post a Comment